Sunday, April 26, 2009

Which martial art style is taught at the Air-Force Academy?

My 15 year old (in 10th grade) is trying her best to get in, but I can%26#039;t figure out what they teach. She has a few belts but want to get into the type they teach.

Which martial art style is taught at the Air-Force Academy?
They teach the squeze the trigger on the M4 or 9mm Beretta method!





Does she own brown,black, white, green, purple, yellow, mesh, designer fashionable belts? Gucci,Versace,


Vera Wang,Jimmy Choo,etc......
Reply:Going to revise my answer since I%26#039;m sure it came across as condescending and rude (I did get a laugh from the the question though):





I%26#039;m not knocking the Air Force for what they do (and they do it well)... but other than how to shoot a weapon and a little about how to put the pointy end of a bayonet into someone there%26#039;s really no martial arts taught. Some basic self-defense is taught but it is not a martial art.





I would say if she were enlisting as a parajumper then there will be some additional training in hand to hand combat and weapons. However, I%26#039;m not sure that job is open to females (I don%26#039;t think it is)...





I would guess that training in any MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) style with additional training in knifes, staffs, firearms would be the best fit for anyone joining the military and interested in real-world fighting arts.

affiliate reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment