Sunday, April 26, 2009

Australian Martial arts NAS?

in general with the NAS (national all styles tournament) what are the top clubs that win most of the events these days any specifically south australiia but any state will be cool thanks

Australian Martial arts NAS?
The NAS was dominated by GKR Karate schools. With most of the rules writen in a way that it favoured their style.





To my knowledge the rules have been slowly changing to encourage different styles to enter and as a result GKR has pulled out a lot.





In any case I have been in a few and find them to be a waste of time for anyone serious about training. I won several 1st and seconds but found that they follow mainly a karate rules focus, actually telling me that they would not pay my strikes unless I used a karate strike and a kia, I kid you not.





Another funny thing that I found in their tournaments was that if a person kicked you as they fell over they got a point even though obviously their strike is pretty useless while I%26#039;m throwing them to the floor.





But at the end of the day it is a tournament for kids to have some fun dude, the adults that compete are usually pretty lame, def not a good representation of a real fight, points sparring is stupid in itself (just a glorified game of tag) and the continuous never works without contact because people just ignore the attacks eg walk through a side kick to the stomach.





If you%26#039;re just looking for something to do on the weekend and maybe trying to get some trophies for your teacher to put up at the school to impress prospective students then go for it. If you%26#039;re looking for something more than that you%26#039;re probably wasting your time. Good luck either way man, maybe they are for you I just found it pretty borring.


No comments:

Post a Comment