Sunday, April 26, 2009

Does anyone know a good Martial arts school in NY(Queens or Manhattan)?

I%26#039;m just curious because I recently moved to NY from NJ. Your personal experiences are greatly welcomed. Also, I would prefer a school that is very commited to a person%26#039;s progress and skill instead of one that always care about financial gains, profits, and money. I know many schools are mcdojos where they promise you a guaranteed promotion within the following year. Yeah, I really hate that. I%26#039;m not saying paying them alot is bad but i like one that has a greater emphasis on teaching their students the true way of the martial arts. Not brutatlity or winning, but inner peace and enlightenment. I have over 7 years of experience within TKD, but i%26#039;m open to other styles as well. Your help is very much appreciated. Thank You!

Does anyone know a good Martial arts school in NY(Queens or Manhattan)?
If you want %26quot;kah-roh-tee%26quot;, there are plenty all over NYC. If you want the real thing, look for Sensei Jimmy Mora of Shinjinbukan. You will not find a better lineage of Classical Okinawan Karate-Jutsu in NYC right now... and my teacher is now in NJ, who I would have recommended before Sensei Mora(of course). Shinjinbukan is a serious and awesome school.





Chinese Martial Arts...





Natural Chinese Martial Arts - GM David Lin





Heart Mind Martial Arts- Master Yang Fukui





Ken Zen Institute - Variety of Arts





USA Shaolin Temple _ Shi Yan Ming





Manhattan Shaolin Chan Center - Master Chao





Souther Mantis Fist - Milton Chin - I don%26#039;t know of him but they are usually very good.





All in Manhattan.





I highly recommend the BAK MEI school in China Town and in Brooklyn. Check them both out.





Stay away from: These are all fabricated BS...





Alan Lee Kung Fu Wusu





New York City Chinese Shao-lin Center





Pa Kua Martial Arts
Reply:No i dont


but DON%26#039;T TAKE TKD ITS STUPID AND GAY.


try anything but tkd


No comments:

Post a Comment