Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baguazhang internal martial arts?

I%26#039;ve looked at Yin style Baguazhang and Nine-Dragon Baguazhang.. What is it good for, and what are the differences from any other style? I%26#039;m thinking about learning it but I am not sure if it will be useful to me.

Baguazhang internal martial arts?
Baguazhang also Pa Kua Chang, is an internal martial art based on the eight trigrams of the I-Ching. It also has been influenced by hsing-i (also XingYi). It focuses on circular movement around the opponent to land strikes. This style prides itself on its footwork and on the ability to reverse direction any time during any movement.





It is a useful style and very interesting but conflicts with martial theories which advocate controlling the opponent around you rather than moving around the opponent.





It is a very effective striking style in my opinion however.
Reply:If you are asking if it is different from any other style of art, I would say it is obvious.





Its principles are based on the I-Ching, the book of changes... the Bagua, the eight trigrams... the Yin Yang theory, and the five element theory.





It is an internal art which utilizes palm strikes while projecting Qi. This is a very deadly combination and not every Baguazhang teacher knows how to do this.





All techniques require coiling energy to be executed properly.





Luckily, not many people know how to use this.





The differences in Baguazhang styles lie in the ways the style developer applied his art. But they are basically the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment